Senior Software Integration Engineer
||San Diego - CA, US
||Research & development
||Computer science & software engineering Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop and drive test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery of fully tested and high quality controls and software sub-systems for all EUV projects.
- Establishes measures for test coverage, test effectiveness and strategizes to achieve documented goals in these areas.
- Good understanding of operating system, relational database, concurrent, network protocols, and file system management.
- Analyzing failures from the test runs and debugging them to find the source of issue and delegating them accordingly.
- Develop test scripts (Python) for mechatronic systems, embedded control systems with complex algorithm software and data intensive systems with complex diagnostic and communication interfaces (EtherCAT, Profinet, TCP/IP).
- Work on automated tests that support various levels of testing of the product software - smoke, functional, regression and validation tests.
- Determine means and then develops a SW test automation framework that allows issues to be found during testing in a simulated/emulated environment rather than testing on the actual product.
- Participate in software requirements, architecture and design reviews to provide testability input and to derive complex test scenarios.
- Work to meet the documented goals in the areas of test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Programming skills in Python and shell scripting.
- Hands-on working experience in Linux.
- Very strong understanding of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology.
- Creating test plans and test cases with high functionality requirement coverage.
- Designing tests and analyzing results.
Education and experience
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, or other related eng or science fields. MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in technical role plus leadership or management experience.
- Experience in leadership or test architecture for a complex multi-processor distributed control system, with demonstrated experience and skills to match the duties and responsibilities for this role is a plus.
- Strong Python knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and Test development for a complex distributed control system that has embedded and non-embedded elements.
- Ability to develop automated tests, test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery of fully tested and high quality controls and software for the distributed sub-systems and system as a whole.
- Ability to trace hardware and network connectivity issues, and use basic tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and pulse generators.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Project leadership skills.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans' and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our .