Location : CLEVELAND, OH, United States
Job Family : Accounting/Auditing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 15, 2022
Job ID : 29883
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >
Save Job Job Saved
- Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
- In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
- Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker's success. Position Summary
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze diverse and complex financial information and prepares financial reports.
- Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, control and timeliness of financial reports, analyses, systems, and processes.
- May specialize in specific accounting areas such as financial analysis, budgeting, planning, and forecasting.
- Works with all operational units, corporate/staff and select third parties in ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures while maintaining accounting controls.
- Compiles and analyzes diverse and complex account information to provide management with accounting information necessary to make business decisions.
- Performs economic research and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements.
- Recommends financial actions to management by analyzing accounting options. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other management reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by auditing compliance with accounting policies and procedures. Writes and recommends policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following accounting policies and internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting complex accounting policies and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Prepares diverse and complex financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems.
- May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal and state legal requirements and professional standards. Studies existing and new legislation, enforces adherence to requirements; and advises management on needed actions. Acts as prime contact on high level projects.
- Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement). Qualifications
- Education and Experience Bachelor's degree (BS) in Accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, laws, and regulations, including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- Proficient with automated accounting systems, spreadsheet applications, and internet/intranet communications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex financial reports. Ability to prepare detailed reports, graphs, presentations, and business correspondence. Ability to respond to questions from management and customers; respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities. Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin. Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. ("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Save Job Job Saved