The individual who excels in this position will advance financial forecasting, modeling, and analysis to support financial management, senior management decision making and enterprise strategies. In addition, the analyst will provide financial forecasting, modeling, and reporting to support Civic FCU's business/operational needs.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Update financial forecast and analysis monthly, or more frequently as needed, in collaboration with various teams; run financial forecast in the ALM model (ZM) and deliver related reporting.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance financial models (Excel and ZM) including modeling inputs, assumptions, methodology, back-testing, and reporting.
- Perform financial projections and analysis to support balance sheet management, business case / project analysis, and strategic initiatives.
- Support the annual financial budgeting process.
- Actively monitor and analyze trends of key financial metrics and the underlying drivers. Understand financial performance against forecast, and the reasons for variances.
- Follow industry trends and conduct benchmark/peer analysis. Collect, research, and analyze internal and external data to gain actionable insights in support of financial modeling and analysis.
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis as requested by management.
- Support ALM, capital management, performance measurement and balance sheet optimization.
- Production and ongoing delivery of PowerPoint presentations and reporting for Senior and Executive Management, the Board, and its related sub-committees at both LGFCU and Civic FCU, as well as external reporting materials to support requirements of credit union regulators, accounting firms and any other authoritative bodies.
- Document work processes and models used for financial forecasting and analysis purposes.
- Support loan and deposit pricing analytics and associated recommendations.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics, or engineering.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in finance, financial forecasting, modeling, and analysis.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail. Exhibit high standards of accuracy.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Possession or work towards advanced degrees in finance, economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related quantitative fields.
- Possession or progress towards Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- minimum of 1 to 3 years of bank or credit union finance experience.
- Familiarity with financial statements, financial forecasting, modeling, cost-benefit analysis, valuation analysis and cash-flow analysis, preferably related to banking and financial services.
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets; experience with statistical tool such as SAS.
- A self-starter who can accomplish all responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects, and relationships simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609