TechFlow, Inc. is hiring an experienced Field Service Technician to support multiple technology platforms for our Platform Services division. This is a hands-on field service position working at multiple locations throughout the U.S. The ideal candidate has experience troubleshooting, repairing, and configuring equipment or other similar high technology products. This position requires up to and occasionally exceeding 85% travel and good customer communication/service with diverse customers.
- Perform all levels of maintenance on UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and other power systems equipment including, but not limited to battery tests and replacements, capacitor and fan replacements.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment/component malfunctions and failures.
- Perform major component overhaul/replacement including removal and installation.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance (PM/CM) on technical equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment malfunctions and failures on site.
- Ordering and coordinating shipment of parts for corrective repairs.
- Schedule, communicate and coordinate preventive maintenance to meet contract requirements.
- Advise/make recommendations for repairs or improvements to technical equipment.
- Provide local stakeholders clear and timely updates on current repair status.
- Knowledge and skills to operate current diagnostic equipment and provide recommendations based upon equipment diagnostics. Examples may include items such as multifunction multimeters, laptops with diagnostic software, mobile devices, network analyzers, specialized test equipment, or other similar equipment.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements while working on low voltage systems.
- Use mobile application to update PM/CM tickets accurately and in real time, monitor open tickets.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements and implement approved recommendations. Willingness to provide input to senior management and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to analyze and interpret raw data to make decisions related to the overall improved performance of equipment and to identify trends and failures.
- High School diploma/GED
- 5+ years of experience as a Field Service Technician or related work
- Ability to travel up to 85%
- Ability to perform extensive labor which may involve lifting of up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams and technical drawings.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which could include weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to pass a Public Trust clearance including military base access screening
- Active and valid U.S. Driver's License
- Extensive UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) experience on GE/ABB product lines.
- Prior military electronics technician experience and training. Examples: Avionics, Radar, Networks, Nodal, ISR, Navigation, Geospatial systems technician, Detection Systems, Unmanned Platforms & Aircraft technicians, Medical Equipment technicians, and other advanced electronics systems.
- Electronics, networking, or electromechanical certifications, trade school certifications, apprenticeships, or other professionally documented training/achievements.
- Defense, Aviation or Border Patrol security equipment experience in technology as repair technicians or other comparable experience in field support capacity such as test and evaluation Field Support Engineer.
- Completion of a 2-year or more electronics technician, networking technician or comparable university or college training program that resulted in a degree or industry certification.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government's most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Digital Services, Base Operations, and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) - Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays - 11 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance