Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Senior Solutions Specialist
United States, New Jersey, Newark
183 Raymond Boulevard (Show on map)
|November 04, 2023|
Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we're leading the charge to a carbon-negative future-reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world's largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we're missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement-these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
The Senior Solutions Specialist supports the development and ongoing operations of the 3rd Party Disposal initiative led by the Director of Solutions, for the CES Solutions Team. Interfaces with the CES sales team and 3rd Party Disposal facilities as assigned. Supports the use and contracting of new 3rd Party disposal options with a keen focus to develop sustainable long term alternatives. Balances reactive support of sales team with proactive development of the Solutions program. Supports CES business optimization by evaluating opportunities for a best fit (WTE/MPF/3PD). Supporting member of the Material Management Team, sharing unified goals to effectively build CES a virtual disposal network to complement our physical WTE and MPF networks, expand geographic coverage, services offered and to be our customer's trusted advisor.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Business or equivalent experience.
- >10 years work experience in Waste, Environmental Services, Consulting, or other Technical industry.
- Direct experience with RCRA, Hazardous Waste, Recycling, Composting, and other alternative processing & disposal methods for manufacturing waste, Lab Pack, Field Services, Customer Interface, Sales Process, Transportation, Logistics, MPF Operations and NetSuite Functionality.
- Ability to visualize, understand and communicate complex processes in industrial, manufacturing and material settings.
- Ability to perform 3rd Party Disposal and Manufacturing / Industrial site visits and audits. Understand complex processes. Evaluate applicability to the CES services.
- Ability to understand sophisticated technical information gained during site visits, yet be able to communicate to others in simplified, less technical layman's terms
- Strong communication skills that focus on building trust and confidence.
- Desire and confidence to grow into a subject matter expert in the CES field.
- Works independently in a variety of office settings including: corporate office, regional facility offices, during business travel, and in a home office environment; accountable to complete work assignments.
- Facilitate new vendor conversations, manage the on-boarding paperwork and contracting of those vendors, etc.
- Ability to design and lead PPT presentations around 3rd party Solutions work, processing & disposal options, etc.
- Travel to customer sites and vendor sites is expected to be less than 10% of the time.
- Travel to corporate Solutions-related meetings and activities, expected to be 2x per year.
- Support CES Sales staff and the Director of Solutions to provide disposal solutions utilizing the 3rd Party Disposal Vendor network.
- Proactively support and contribute to the growth of the 3rd Party Disposal Vendor Network.
- Input and maintain customer and waste data in CRM systems (NetSuite)
- Engage with customers and disposal vendors to complete site visits and audits.
- Proactively work to qualify, on-board, and audit all 3rd party disposal vendors.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contactingus at email@example.com.