| University of California Office of the President|
United States, California, Oakland
1111 Franklin Street (Show on map)
|November 25, 2023|
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) counsels members of the University as they transition into retirement and provides long-term pension and retirement health benefits support.
The Member Service Business Analyst 4 works closely with their Manager to 1) fulfill divisional strategic objectives to move the organization forward; 2) meet and exceed performance standards; and 3) build a culture of high performance in delivering a positive service experience to internal and external clients at every touch point.
The Member Service Business Analyst 4 is a highly motivated, organized, detailed-oriented, results-driven individual with a proven track record of delivering exemplary customer service in a fast-paced work environment while managing multiple assignments with limited guidance.
The Member Service Business Analyst 4 is accountable for supporting their manager to ensure members are provided with accurate information in individual and group retirement benefits planning sessions. The Member Service Business Analyst 4 will act as a guide, providing education, information, and counsel to members, retirees, survivors, beneficiaries as well as constituent groups, and University staff. The Member Service Business Analyst 4 will interact with members, ensuring they have accurate and complete information in order to make informed decisions regarding retirement benefits. The Member Service Business Analyst 4 will respond to inquiries, prepare detailed estimates, and facilitate educational and outreach efforts efficiently and professionally.
The Member Service Business Analyst 4 is a high-level individual contributor who acts as a resource and subject matter expert in benefits administration. The Member Service Business Analyst 4 will research and analyze member data to properly prepare resource materials, interview sessions, and presentations, virtually and in person. The Member Service Business Analyst 4 will efficiently use of resources and systems to build reports, establish and maintain quality metrics, survey participants, and identify trends for performance improvement.
The Member Service Business Analyst 4 also supports leadership in ensuring compliance with federal and state guidelines and polices set forth by the University of California.
* Drives for operational efficiencies, identifies and resolves process gaps.
* Manges deliverables and works to meet goals and objectives associated with individual and team performance.
* Lead work groups and project teams.
* Builds curriculum for member education, train and build counselor knowledge.
* Ensures knowledge transfer
* Collaborates with Manager to uphold a culture of delivering exemplary service to internal and external clients and to support strategies focused on operational excellence and process and/or workflow improvements.
* Works closely with RASC leadership to ensure department goals, performance targets and budget compliance are met; provides input to Manager as needed to formulate measurable unit goals and expectations using key performance metrics.
* Recommends and implement solutions to improve operational controls and mitigate risks.
* Always considers the member's perspective and anticipates member needs when interacting with and handling complex written and verbal inquiries from both internal and external clients.
* Consistently reviews organization and department policies and procedures to remain current on benefit information.
* Adheres to departmental practices to ensure consistent application administrative practices.
Training and Development
Customer Service Excellence
* Retirement Counseling Manager
* Member Correspondence Manager
* RASC Leadership
* Executive Director of RASC
* RASC Analysts
* Location stakeholders and partners
* Active, inactive members and former University of California faculty and staff
Qualifications and/or Technical Experience (job specific)
* Must have 8 years experience and 5 years of relevant experience as a financial planner, retirement or benefits counselor, providing guidance and consultation.
* Must possess excellent communication and instructional skills with the ability to inform, counsel, and instruct UC membership, including advising senior leadership.
* Must exercise a high degree of discretion, diplomacy, confidentiality, and initiative while taking independent action.
* Strong organizational, prioritization and time-management skills required.
* Ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply UCRP plan design, benefit structure, and UC policies and procedures.
* Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Must have an innovative, positive self-directed attitude and demonstrate an ability to develop solutions to problems or methodology to execute deliverables.
* Able to work independently and as a team member.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks under deadline by being organized and detail oriented. Willingness to take initiative and work independently on assigned tasks.
* Assess and identify opportunities to exceed expectations in delivering service to both internal and external customers.
* Maintains professional certification and technical knowledge.
* Exemplary verbal, written and presentation skills; able to work in a highly collaborative manner.
* Able to work with strong personalities and different work styles while remaining calm, tactful, courteous and respectful under pressure.
* Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex, emerging issues and meet critical deadlines.
* Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations and filing and compliance requirements (both adopted and pending) that affect employee and retiree benefits programs that include: ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers' Compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements a plus.
* Knowledge of both general and specific benefits (e.g. retirement, health & welfare, benefits administration).
* Leverage technology and use software to guide members in the use of the information portal.
* Proficient in use of cloud-based technology, Microsoft Office Suite, system applications, and databases.
* Must be able to travel to various campuses and locations, up to 30 %.
* Must possess a financial planning certification; Personal Financial Planner, Certified Retirement Counselor, Certified Financial Planner, or Chartered Financial Analyst.
* Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Operations Management, Marketing, Public Health or equivalent work experience.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is April 4th, 2023: The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: .