NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
The Site Services Worker duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Performing a variety of routine, manual tasks in maintaining the appearance and conditions of grounds, walkways, roads and buildings at SUNY Poly
- Cleaning grounds, roadways, and structures by sweeping, raking, shoveling, plowing, mowing, and removing litter.
- Candidate will assist in site preparation, planting, and maintenance of various plants and grass; install and maintain fences, guide rails, signs, and walkways
- Snow removal of parking lots and walkways; operate lawn mowers, plows, tractors, trucks, and related power equipment; mount and dismount major assemblies, such as plows and salt spreaders
- Maintain vehicles and equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing simple parts such as wipers, tires and batteries.
Candidate will also assist in the daily operation of NY CREATES through support of general site services. Duties include:
- Performing a variety of routine and basic construction, maintenance, and repair tasks.
- Candidate will clean, lubricate, and maintain electrical and mechanical machinery, equipment and tools; transport material and tools to site work locations; lift and place equipment such as ladders and scaffolds.
- Remove materials preparatory to repair and construction through use of hand tools; mix and apply concrete, mortar, paving materials, paints and other substances.
- Replace fuses, light bulbs, washers, faucets, and shelving; perform minor maintenance repairs, such as unclogging drains, cutting sheet metal, fixing/replacing hinges; general custodial maintenance; assist in exterior/interior painting;
- Set up and remove furniture, partitions, displays and equipment for office moves, conferences, meetings and special events.
- Move furniture, office equipment and records;
- Assist in the receiving and shipping of various materials
- Pick up and deliver supplies and equipment
- Load/unload trucks; inspect site areas to determine damage and hazards;
- Remove obstructions and/or make simple repairs; report need for additional repair. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Must have ability to communicate with supervisor, members of work crew, and community concerning work activities.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; written communications are generally restricted to the completion of simple forms and reports.
- Must have ability to use tools, machines, equipment and materials required of assigned projects; must be able to physically perform the duties assigned including heavy labor at times; ability to climb ladders and work at heights on scaffolds and platforms;
- Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures
- Possession of a valid New York State driver's license is required for certain vehicles required of this position.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
High school diploma; three (3) years' experience in grounds and maintenance work.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Pay rate: $18- $19 per hour
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.