WHAT IS THE ONLINE SERVICES (OLS) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Ten (10) vacancies will be filled within the following specialty area:
OLS - Online Services
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Incumbent leads, manages, and/or supports digital programs and projects through their full lifecycle, in support of the agency's missions and initiatives to improve customer experience. Project specific requirements may include: problem definition and market opportunities; leading creative design and development of online products and services, including conducting elaboration, visioning and/or service design activities; developing business cases and working with business owners to develop and analyze requirements and define features; creating user stories and epics, establishing milestones and priorities,identifying features and supporting development of a minimum viable product; supporting business owners through the agile or other development process including sprint planning and backlog grooming; user testing, including defining acceptance criteria, guiding and informing key usability testing metrics, writing test plans and conducting testing; measuring and reporting on performance post- deployment,supporting business training, troubleshooting, and other operations and maintenance activities.
- Incumbent develops, coordinates, modifies and maintains product-specific roadmaps and project plans as assigned, incorporating studies, analysis/analytics, journey maps, and considering available resources, strategic goals, and business initiatives. Uses analysis to develop product portfolio strategies, product lifecycles and roadmaps that include performance tracking metrics and rationalization strategies. Establishes, understands, maintains, and analyzes digital business requirements and digital engagement of taxpayers, including the risks and opportunities presented by potential digital solutions. Bases decisions on data from a variety of sources including but not limited to Google Analytics and customer satisfaction surveys; uses data to uncover trends, preferences and other information that can be used to improve customer experience. Works closely with business representatives to create common understanding; communicates findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Meets with managers and stakeholders within and outside the Service to define the goals and objectives of projects and programs; negotiates with stakeholders across the Service to obtain resources and support; conducts briefings and prepares comprehensive reports to keep stakeholders and leadership advised of plans and progress. Incumbent is adept in all aspects of project planning, execution, and implementation, including integration of the customer experience into concept development, requirements gathering and analysis, identification of new methods, trends, and techniques, and using research to better support the design and development of online interactions.
- Leads, coordinates, and/or develops guidelines, procedures, and operational changes in support of the introduction of digital services into existing or new tax administration programs. Coordinates outreach across Online Services' stakeholders to review digital products and associated changes to policies, procedures, legislation, and operations to secure buy-in, document, and when necessary, to secure approval to implement elements of the Internal Revenue Manual.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-14-You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes Specialized experience for this position includes Using analytical and evaluative methods to analyze facts, draw conclusions, and recommend solutions, in order to determine the extent of Online Services' compliance with new legislation and/or regulations. Experience with market research requirements, gathering and analysis, integration and utilization of analytics, and problem solving leading to the development of project roadmaps, project plans, business cases, and a minimum viable product (MVP) definition. Experience with emerging media and digital policies, products, and technologies, and how they can be used to improve digital customer experience. Experience with omni-channel communication strategies including collecting and sharing data between different online platforms. Experience with digital/multi-media marketing, in order to combine different forms of media to reach an audience and build brand recognition, using digital channels such as mobile, and/or social media. Experience with web analytic techniques to track and analyze data regarding web traffic to enable assessing and improving the customer experience of a website or application. Experience with data visualization techniques in order to communicate data or information clearly and efficiently to users. Experience using Federal standards related to plain language, commercial and Federal best practices for editorial techniques and digital communication principles related to content deployed through a digital platform.
For more information on qualifications please refer to .
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Dayshift; Start and stop times between 6:00am - 6:00pm
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available
- Relocation expenses - no
- A recruitment incentive may be offered- no
- May be eligible for telework based on IRS policy. If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply through the closing date of the announcement. The announcement will be used to fill an anticipated 10 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1stcut-off date listed in this announcement. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 1/23/23, 4/24/23, 7/24/23, 10/23/23, 1/23/24. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s).
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will have cut-offs for applicant consideration. Eligible applicants who apply by 11:59 pm ET 1/23/2023 will be considered first. All other applicants will be considered in Quality Group order on a daily basisas needed, to fill remaining vacancies. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply - documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Education - See Education Section above
- Registration/License (if applicable) - active, current registration/license
- Military Spouses (if applicable) - You MUST submit verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage) AND:
- a copy of your spouse's active military orders; OR
- verification of your spouse's 100% service-connected disability (e.g., VA Letter and/or DD-214); OR
- verification of the service member's death while on active duty (DD-1300/Death Certificate). You are not eligible if you were not married to the veteran at the time of death or have since remarried.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) - If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you MUST submit documentation of graduation from high school (or equivalent); OR completion of a formal vocational training program; OR statement from school authorities agreeing with your decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 01/09/2024 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 01/09/2024.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
- To begin the application process, click the "Apply Online" button.
- You will be re-directed to USA STAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
- To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 01/09/2024.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: . All of your applications will appear on the
page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an
Additional Application Information
page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The
will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each
means, visit: .
Agency contact information
OLS - Online Service
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.