Special Agent (Police) - Los Angeles, CA
| BNSF Railway|
|life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k)|
United States, California, Los Angeles
4000 E. Sheila Street, Bldg 39 (Show on map)
|November 25, 2023|
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location:Los Angeles
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000 payable 30 days after hire; additional $5,000 payable 1 year after hire
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation's freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion.As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It's through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
To learn more about our BNSF Policeteam, please view this video:-BNSF
* High School diploma or GED.
* Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
* Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
* Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be willing and able to travel as required
* Must be able and willing to use the company's computer system for creating reports and databases
* Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
* Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
* Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
* Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
* Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
* Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
* Mustlive or be willingto relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
* Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency required
* Bachelor's degree
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at .
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BNSF considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
SF:MO|[[mfield5|Operations - Resource Protection|Los Angeles,CA|90058; 90001; 90005; 90009; 90002; 90006; 90010; 90003; 90007; 90011; 90004; 90008; 90012; 90032