The Senior Accountant (Accounts Payable) will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to compile financial information, identify, evaluate, process and resolve issues related to organizational expenses, assets and receivables processed by the Accounting team and support business owners. The individual who excels in this position will use their skills to proactively provide assistance and advice on data entry, extraction and reporting for data entered into various LGFCU Accounting systems and other operations support to the Credit Union and/or affiliates with minimal supervision.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Process expenses/receivables for the Enterprise and audit/retain a current record of Company credit card issuance.
- Obtain and verify applicable tax documentation, ensuring accurate and thorough information is reported to the appropriate taxing agencies (W-9, 1099).
- Maintain fleet vehicle records, monitor and pay registration and any additional fees.
- Track expenses and resolve variances through the preparation of on-going and/or ad-hoc reports to include vendor account activity, cost analysis and specialized monthly management reports.
- Coordinate, organize and present conclusions on data from diverse sources.
- Process and maintain data and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies, resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or assessing incomplete documents for resolution.
- Proactively provide advice and assistance to ensure transactions are posted in appropriate budget categories for Enterprise and support all company Board of Directors.
- Prepare a variety of on-going and/or special reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end basis to include account activity, cost analysis and specialized monthly management reports relating to all G/L accounts.
- Ensures adherence to corporate policies, procedures and guidelines as well as applicable laws, regulations and GAAP in all job duties.
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new accounting systems and projects as needed.
- Actively work with other team members to develop standardized, streamlined and efficient processes, including documenting Standard Operating Procedures.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of financial/accounting experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Some travel may be required.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS or equivalent accounting experience.
- Experience preparing general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., VLookups and Pivot Tables).
- Experience with Intacct and Certify Accounting Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609