Our Corporate office is currently searching for a SQL Developer. This role will design, develop, and maintain T-SQL queries for the financial reporting of Waste Connections. The ideal candidate should have experience in SQL development and MS Excel. The developer should have great communication skills and be able to discuss and develop scope requirements with multiple levels of staff from corporate and field locations. This is a multi-faceted role where you will be supporting multiple stakeholders. You will need to be flexible and be able to switch "hats" seamlessly.
Why Waste Connections?!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize T-SQL queries and stored procedures for data analysis and data extract. SSIS package experience a plus
- Build distributed Excel reports that are connected to SQL queries
- Maintain library for technical notes and documentation on SQL architecture
- Assists in gathering requirements for new projects and developing solutions for innovative process improvement
- Ability to communicate between Corporate Accounting, Finance, and IT departments
- Analyze and make recommendations for project implementations. Must understand source data from applicable business systems. Deliver recommendations, improvement plans, as well as documentation of code and processes.
- Translate business requirements into report designs by collaborating with management
- Provide support to field personnel and end users in the troubleshooting and resolution of issues in a variety of financial applications
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field. (Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline)
- 3 years or more working in a SQL development role
- Knowledge of continuous deployment processes, query tuning, SSIS, PowerShell and extensive experience developing in T-SQL.
- Experience developing/troubleshooting solutions using MS SQL Server.
- Experience with scripting or front end languages like C#, VB, Angular a plus.
- Experience with tools similar to Redgate SQL toolkit, SQL change control and Continuous Integration is a plus.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, VBA and related accounting business systems.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- An interest in and ability to understand financial reporting, accounting concepts, and related accounting data. (Accounting experience a plus)
- Able to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
You will be joining a great team and a company in a "work hard, play hard" environment along with a competitive salary. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more. For more information and to apply, please visit .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)