The Loan Operations Specialist is responsible for the daily servicing production of the Member Business Loan servicing operations. A successful individual in this role will be forward-thinking, assist with department projects as assigned by the operations manager and must ensure the financial institution's Member Business loan closing and servicing policies/procedures are being adhered to on each request. In addition, one must contribute to the ongoing development of processes and procedures as well as have knowledge of each functional area including validating reporting, billing, tracking of insurances and taxes, collateral management and paid in full loan record keeping.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Provides daily support of all aspects of servicing of Member Business Loans with functional knowledge of Consumer Loan products.
- Completes payment processing, data entry, collateral & financial ticklers and file maintenance.
- Understands and codes loans to report loans accurately in Call Report, and in all other Credit Union reporting formats.
- Monitors, reviews and validates periodic loan reports and system output and resolves/escalates issues as appropriate. Assists in providing reconciliation and identification of pattern activities or anomalies in reports and notifies management.
- Assists with the continued support of the Credit Union's loan related systems to ensure they are compliant with current loan policies and guidelines.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of loan operations policies, procedures and processes across multiple departments and identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Assists in perfecting Credit Union lien for all real estate and non-real estate loans, organizes loan file and completes checklist for any suspense items.
- Handles complex issues and possesses up-to-date knowledge of specific financial products and regulations. Works with others as necessary to research, analyze and recommend resolutions.
- Monitors daily interactions with outside vendors related to loan operations services, including attorney's, title companies, state and county offices, insurance and lien filing providers pertaining to collateral and liaison to other internal departments.
- Assists in ensuring system upgrades are installed and tested thoroughly in a timely fashion.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning lending by working with Legal and Compliance, attending internal and external training classes and vendor workshops.
- Serves as a representative for Loan Operations; attends and contributes to project meetings; interacts with Management; and serves in the absence of the Senior Loan Operations Specialist or Loan Operations Manager, as needed.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 1-3 years of Member Business loan operations experience in all aspects of servicing and loan documentation preparation for commercial non-real estate, real estate and construction loans/lines of credit, including participations (bought and sold).
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of Credit Union or Commercial Bank loan operations experience.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and utilize standard office equipment, technology and software including but not limited to: PC/laptop, MS Windows, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Experience with collateral perfection and servicing, regulations and compliance.
- Experience with virtual/online banking environments for business members services.
- Technical experience with input to loan documentation and core Credit Union systems.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic, and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609