About the Position
The Accounting Analyst will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to compile financial information, originate and review general journal entries, and reconcile general ledger accounts. This role will provide financial analysis and other support to the Credit Union, and/or its affiliates.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with GAAP.
- Computes and prepares data for journal entries into various accounts including investment accounts.
- Posts and balances entries pertaining to prepaid and fixed assets including depreciation at month-end.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and reconciles sub-ledger to the general ledger in order to resolve differences and determines disposition of discrepancies.
- Maintains accurate balances for all Credit Union general ledger accounts.
- Actively participates in all aspects of the month end financial close.
- Coordinates obtaining any necessary reports from various Credit Union departments to facilitate financial and accounting analysis.
- Applies principles of accounting to record financial information and prepare financial reports by using standard spreadsheet, database and accounting applications software.
- Ensures a working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including Internal Revenue Code, GAAP and other applicable requirements.
- May establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- May provide special project assistance to Accounting Manager, Vice President or Controller as assigned.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required occasionally.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Business.
- Experience preparing financial statements, general ledger reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. (Macros, VLookup, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with Oracle Accounting Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
323 West Jones Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27603